On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Traditional
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Power
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min, approx
Peter Kuruvita makes a simple Sri Lankan dish of manioc, a starchy root cooked with turmeric
Method1. In a large heavy-based pot, place the manioc and turmeric and cover with water.
2. Place over heat and cook, uncovered, until soft. Remove from heat and drain the liquid.
3. Return to the stove and place a lid on the pot so the manioc fluffs up.
- manioc or cassava, peeled and chopped into chunks