On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 1
- 20:30 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 2
- 21:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 3
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 7 min
Donal Skehan’s South Asian marinade adds a kick to his colourful salad
Method1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, add the chicken strips and mix through.
2. Cover and place in the fridge while you prepare the salad and dressing. In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together until combined.
3. Place the Chinese cabbage, carrots, red onion and sugar snap peas in a large salad bowl. Add half the dressing and combine until all the vegetables are well coated.
4. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3
minutes on each side.
5. Serve the salad in individual bowls topped with the chicken, a sprinkling of chopped peanuts, a little chopped coriander and an extra drizzle of the dressing.
For the salad
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, (about 700g), sliced thinly into strips
- 1 Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100 g chopped peanuts
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 limes
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
For the dressing