Chicken salad with chilli, ginger and lime dressing
By: From: Kitchen Hero
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 7 min
Donal Skehan’s South Asian marinade adds a kick to his colourful salad
For the salad
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, (about 700g), sliced thinly into strips
- 1 Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100 g chopped peanuts
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 limes
- 1 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
For the dressing
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, add the chicken strips and mix through.
2. Cover and place in the fridge while you prepare the salad and dressing. In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together until combined.
3. Place the Chinese cabbage, carrots, red onion and sugar snap peas in a large salad bowl. Add half the dressing and combine until all the vegetables are well coated.
4. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan. Remove the chicken strips from the marinade and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3
minutes on each side.
5. Serve the salad in individual bowls topped with the chicken, a sprinkling of chopped peanuts, a little chopped coriander and an extra drizzle of the dressing.