On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Food and Drink - Jun Tanaka - Street Food
- 20:30 - Food and Drink - Monica Galetti - Comfort Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Lunch
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
This dish from David Rocco is sometimes called ‘naked ravioli’ as these pasta-less balls are coated in a tomato, garlic and basil sauce
Method1. Preheat oven to about 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Place the spinach in a pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and half the chopped garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, parmesan and a pinch of salt. If the ricotta makes the mixture watery, add a small amount of flour, a little at a time, and combine thoroughly.
4. Smear some olive oil onto your hands. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture onto the palm of your hands and form into a compact ball. It should be about the size of an egg. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
5. In a saucepan, heat up the remaining olive oil, then add the rest of the garlic along with the cherry tomatoes and basil. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Spoon half the sauce into a baking dish, then add the gnudi balls and top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.