On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - South Wales
- 21:00 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 20 min
David Rocco scoops out tomatoes and stuffs them with tuna and capers in home-made mayonnaise for a perfect lunch-time treat
Method1. To make the mayonnaise beat egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Then drizzle extra virgin olive oil in a thin steady stream while continuously whisking the yolks.
2. Add a pinch of salt, freshly squeezed lemon juice and continue to whisk the mixture until well blended and creamy.
3. Cut off the top 1/3 part of each tomato. Then carefully scoop out and discard the inside of each tomato with a spoon.
4. To make the filling, drain the tuna from the oil and place tuna in a bowl. Then add parsley, 2 tablespoons of chopped capers, and 3/4 of the mayonnaise. Mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tomato shells. Top with the remaining mayonnaise and capers.