Tuna and caper stuffed tomatoes
By: From: David Rocco's Dolce Vita
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 20 min
David Rocco scoops out tomatoes and stuffs them with tuna and capers in home-made mayonnaise for a perfect lunch-time treat
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To make the mayonnaise beat egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Then drizzle extra virgin olive oil in a thin steady stream while continuously whisking the yolks.
2. Add a pinch of salt, freshly squeezed lemon juice and continue to whisk the mixture until well blended and creamy.
3. Cut off the top 1/3 part of each tomato. Then carefully scoop out and discard the inside of each tomato with a spoon.
4. To make the filling, drain the tuna from the oil and place tuna in a bowl. Then add parsley, 2 tablespoons of chopped capers, and 3/4 of the mayonnaise. Mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tomato shells. Top with the remaining mayonnaise and capers.