Cheesecake, mousse, ginger crumbs and passion fruit
From: Everyday Gourmet
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Serve Callum Hann’s flavourful layered dessert in pretty glasses to impress your dinner guests
For the ginger crumbs
- 150 g cold butter, roughly chopped
- 100 g flour
- 130 g soft brown sugar
- 100 g oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp powered ginger
For the cheesecake mousse
- 200 g quark
- 50 ml condensed milk
- 25 ml lemon juice
- 150 ml thickened cream
- The pulp of 6 passion fruit
- freeze dried passion fruit, optional
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5. In a food processor, blend butter and flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, rub butter and flour together with your fingers. Mix all other ingredients with the butter and flour.
2. Spread mixture onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Break up with tongs and return to the oven for another 2-5 minutes or until evenly golden. Allow to cool.
3. Beat the curd, condensed milk, and lemon juice with an electric stand mixer or electric beaters until combined. In a separate bowl, whip the cream to firm peaks. Fold cream into curd mixture. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
4. To serve, distribute crumbs between four small glasses. Pipe ¼ of the mousse into each glass, then top evenly with passion fruit pulp and freeze dried passion fruit if using.