Tomato couscous salad
By: From: Everyday Gourmet
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Healthy, fresh and colourful, Justine Schofield’s salad makes a good light lunch
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- It is really important to cover the couscous when you have added the water. This will ensure it steam evenly and all the grains are cooked through well.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the couscous in a salad bowl with the olive oil, crushed tomatoes and lemon juice and a good pinch of salt. Use your hand to rub the couscous grains with these ingredients.
2. Let sit for 3 minutes. Now add the boiling water and couscous and cover the bowl with foil. Let sit for 6-8 minutes until tender. Now, with a fork fluff the couscous until all grains are separated.
3. Add the onions, mint, cherry tomatoes and cumin. Season again if necessary.