On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Corsica and Sardinia
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Washington DC and Maryland
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Healthy, fresh and colourful, Justine Schofield’s salad makes a good light lunch
Method1. Place the couscous in a salad bowl with the olive oil, crushed tomatoes and lemon juice and a good pinch of salt. Use your hand to rub the couscous grains with these ingredients.
2. Let sit for 3 minutes. Now add the boiling water and couscous and cover the bowl with foil. Let sit for 6-8 minutes until tender. Now, with a fork fluff the couscous until all grains are separated.
3. Add the onions, mint, cherry tomatoes and cumin. Season again if necessary.
- 500 g couscous
- 400 ml boiling water
- 100 ml crushed tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- The juice of half a lemons
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin, toasted in a pan for 30 seconds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
Tips and suggestions
- It is really important to cover the couscous when you have added the water. This will ensure it steam evenly and all the grains are cooked through well.