On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries - Say it with Cake
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Catherine Fulvio adds a Chinese twist to her roast beef and veg dinner
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish, over a high heat. Add the beef and brown on all sides.
2. Remove the beef and set aside. Reduce the heat and add the garlic, shallots, ginger and Chinese five spice to the pan. Fry for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the beef stock, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar and salt. Bring to the boil and cook briskly for 5 minutes. Return the beef to the casserole dish, turning it to coat in the cooking liquid. Cover and place in the oven for approximately 50 minutes, or until the beef is cooked to your liking.
4. Place the sweet potato wedges and peppers on a roasting tray, sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper, drizzle with the melted butter and toss. Roast for about 20 minutes or until roasted.
5. When the beef is ready, remove from the casserole, cover and leave for 10 minutes to rest before carving. Place the casserole on the hob to keep the sauce warm.
6. Serve sliced on a platter, surrounded by the peppers, sweet potatoes and drizzle over the sauce.
- 1.2 kg beef sirloin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 5 cm ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 200 ml beef stock
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
For the roasted sweet potatoes and peppers