By: From: Catherine's Family Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
- 4, as a side
Serve Catherine Fulvio’s crunchy salad as a side dish or pair with hot Chinese mains
For the salad
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 head of Chinese or iceberg lettuce
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g grated carrots
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- A small bunch of fresh coriander
- sunflower oil, for frying
For the dressing
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To prepare the salad heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the peanuts until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
2. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jug and whisk. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste with extra Thai fish sauce or lime juice.
3. Shred the Chinese leaves or iceberg lettuce. Mix with the red onion, carrots, beansprouts, spring onions, mint, coriander and enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve.