On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 1
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking: Xmas 2011 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking: Xmas 2011
- 22:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - The Big Freeze
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
- 4, as a side
Serve Catherine Fulvio’s crunchy salad as a side dish or pair with hot Chinese mains
Method1. To prepare the salad heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the peanuts until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
2. To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jug and whisk. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste with extra Thai fish sauce or lime juice.
3. Shred the Chinese leaves or iceberg lettuce. Mix with the red onion, carrots, beansprouts, spring onions, mint, coriander and enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve.
For the salad
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 head of Chinese or iceberg lettuce
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g grated carrots
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- A small bunch of fresh coriander
- sunflower oil, for frying
For the dressing