Gooseberry and elderflower crumble
By: From: Catherine's Family Kitchen
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Catherine Fulvio enhances the gooseberry flavour with a twist of fragrant elderflowers in this humble crumble
For the base
For the crumble
- 65 g plain flour
- 65 g wholemeal flour
- 90 g butter
- 65 g brown sugar
- 5 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 65 g oatmeal
- Natural yoghurt ice cream, to serve
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5. Grease an ovenproof pie dish. Place the gooseberries, sugar and elderflower cordial in a saucepan, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the fruit has softened.
2. To make the crumble topping: place the plain and wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, walnuts and oatmeal. Spoon the fruit into the ovenproof dish.
3. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with a spoon of yoghurt or your favourite ice cream.