On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 20:30 - The Hairy Bakers - Bread
- 21:00 - River Cottage Spring - River Cottage Spring, 2
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Catherine Fulvio enhances the gooseberry flavour with a twist of fragrant elderflowers in this humble crumble
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5. Grease an ovenproof pie dish. Place the gooseberries, sugar and elderflower cordial in a saucepan, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the fruit has softened.
2. To make the crumble topping: place the plain and wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, walnuts and oatmeal. Spoon the fruit into the ovenproof dish.
3. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with a spoon of yoghurt or your favourite ice cream.