On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Donut Showdown - Vegas
- 20:30 - Donut Showdown - Zombies
- 21:00 - Donut Showdown - Chinatown
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Omar Allibhoy puts together a simple tapas dish of grilled prawns with garlic and parsley served with asparagus cooked in sherry with Serrano ham
Method1. For the gambas: ensure the frying pan is as hot as possible, spread a tablespoon of rock salt over the bottom, and place the prawns on the top. Cook them over the salt for 2 minutes.
2. Drizzle the prawns with olive oil, and turn them over - the oil will produce a lot of smoke, and this will give a distinctive aroma of the plancha style of cooking.
3. Cook the prawns for another minute or two, depending on the size. Drizzle with a bit of lemon juice whilst they are still in the pan. If you like a bit of a kick to the prawns, mix the chopped garlic with some flat parsley and olive oil, and drizzle the mixture over the prawns.
4. For the asparagus: peel the asparagus, discarding the tough end, and blanch it for 2 minutes. Refresh for a few seconds in iced water and drain.
5. Fry the garlic, parsley and ham together in olive oil for 30 seconds, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the blanched asparagus.
6. Flambe with the sherry and serve with the manchego cheese and a slice of Serrano ham
For the gambas
- 8 fresh prawns
- drizzle olive oil
- lemon wedges
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, optional
- 5 leaves flat-leaf parsley, optional
For the asparagus