On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Making It Up Isn't Making Do
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Leftovers
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Justine Schofield adds a tuna twist in this recipe for a starter or light lunch
Method1. Preheat oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5. Heat oil in a large deep frying pan. Sauté the onions, garlic and green pepper. Once soft add the aubergine, courgette and tomatoes. Add the bay leaves and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Allow to cool slightly and add the tuna and pesto. Fill each of the pepper cavities with the tuna ratatouille.
3. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes until the pepper is blistered and cooked through.