Iberico ham, egg and chips
By: From: Perfect...
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Thomasina Miers cooks up golden crispy potatoes with fried eggs and wafer thin slices of Spanish ham drizzled with zingy lemon and parsley puree
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Slice the jamón as thinly as possible in small, shortish pieces. The ham should be almost transparent.
2. Soak the potatoes in water for ten minutes, then drain and pat them dry. Salt them and leave for another 10 minutes.
3. Heat the olive oil over a medium heat and fry the potatoes in batches until they are soft, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove the potatoes whilst you turn the heat right up. When the oil is ready, add a little salt to the potatoes and fry them until they are crisp. You can finish the potatoes off in the oven to crisp up.
5. Chop the garlic with some salt, and add this to a blender, along with the parsley, lemon juice, zest and 50ml of olive oil. Blitz to a smooth puree.
6. Add another 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to a frying-pan. When it is hot, break in the eggs, and add a little seasoning. Fry, spooning over the hot oil until the yolk is still runny but the white is crispy and browned at the edges.
7. Put the potatoes on a hot plate, drape over the thin slices of jamon, add the eggs on top and dot over the parsley puree. Serve at once.