On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 20:30 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 21:00 - Food and Drink - Jun Tanaka - Street Food
- Prep time:
- 1 hr
- Cook time:
- 4 hrs
A classic roast from Tom Kerridge of beef in a red wine sauce served with traditional Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and wilted spinach
Method1. For the beef and potatoes: Pre-heat oven to 55C. In a frying pan, sear the beef fillet on all sides and place in the oven for at least 4 hours.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into roasting size, cover them with boiling, salted water and simmer until soft. Drain and let them steam dry.
3. Add vegetable oil to a roasting tray, let the oil get hot on the hob. Add the potatoes and roast in the oven until crispy and brown.
4. For the Yorkshire puddings: Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the eggs and milk together and then slowly add to the flour. Don’t over whisk. Lumps are ok. Rest the mix at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
5. Add a little vegetable oil to the Yorkshire pudding moulds, heat this in the oven. Add the batter and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
6. For the red wine sauce: Combine all the gravy ingredients (apart from the butter) in a pan, and reduce to half.
7. Pass through a fine sieve, and reduce again if needed. When ready to serve, bring the sauce to boiling point and slowly whisk in the butter until well combined. Add any meat juices from the roasting tin too.
8. To serve: Wilt the spinach in a saucepan in a little butter, season, add a grating of nutmeg and serve.
For the Yorkshire puddings
For the red wine sauce
- 400 ml red wine
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 100 g butter
- 2 banana shallots
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 50 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g blackberries