On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Paul Hollywood's Bread
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Cooking for Friends and Family
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Grow Your Own
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus marinating time
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Treat yourself to Maria Elia’s spiced skewered chicken thighs served in warm pitta breads with salad and a creamy tomato and herb yogurt dressing
Method1. For the spiced chicken: crush the garlic with 2 teaspoons of sea salt and a pinch of black pepper in a pestle and mortar. Stir in the lemon juice, olive oil and spices. Pour over chicken and coat well, refrigerate and marinade for at least an hour or overnight.
2. Pre-heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Fold the chicken thigh in half, and thread widthways onto the two skewers, leaving a 3cm gap between each. Repeat with remaining 11 until you form a solid chicken kebab. Add a little salt and oil to the chicken.
3. Place on a hot griddle pan, and sear on each side. Transfer to a baking tray, and finish in the oven for 40-50 mins, turning halfway. Reserve the cooking juices and pour over the chicken before serving.
4. For the tomato yogurt: crush the garlic with 2 teaspoons of salt and pound until smooth. Place in a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until required.
5. To serve: stand kebab on a chopping board, point side down, and slice off the meat using a sharp knife. Serve in warm pitta breads, with salad and tomato yogurt.
For the spiced chicken
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground allspice
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
For the tomato yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- pinch caster sugar
- 2 plum vine tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped