Seared tuna with soy and cream sauce
By: From: Everyday Gourmet
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Simple but deliciously sophisticated, Justine Schofield’s fish dish is perfect for easy entertaining
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the sauce: bring the soy sauce and sugar to the boil. Add the cream and lemon, bring to the boil. Turn the heat down slight and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
2. Place a grill on high heat. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper and oil the tuna on all sides. Grill the tuna to your liking. For medium rare, grill for 50 seconds on each side.
3. Serve with a spoonful of the sauce