On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: Cosmopolitan Cook - Costa Brava
- 20:30 - Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: Cosmopolitan Cook - Provence
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 15 minutes resting time
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Justine Schofield's Asian marinated finely sliced rump steak goes great with crunchy greens
Method1. In a large bowl, mix the marinade together. Leave the steak whole and place in marinade. Cover and put in the fridge for 15 minutes. In the meantime make the dipping sauce by mixing the fish sauce, lime juice, caster sugar, ginger, sesame oil, sambal oelek and lemongrass.
2. In a steamer, steam the bok choy and broccolini for 4 minutes until just tender. For the noodles, place in a bowl of boiling water until loosened.
3. Either on the barbeque or a hot grill sear the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side. Basting and turning the meat frequently while cooking (this will ensure the honey does not burn on the grill). Let the meat rest for 4 minutes before slicing.
4. In separate bowls distribute the noodles and the Asian greens. Add a tablespoon of the dipping sauce to each bowl. Serve the sliced meat on a separate plate with the remaining dipping sauce.
- A 250 g rump steaks
- 1 packet of noodles, Hokkien if available
For the marinade
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes, optional
For the dipping sauce