Roast chicken and avocado salad
By: From: Everyday Gourmet
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
This green salad by Justine Schofield is complimented with zingy Asian flavours of coriander and ginger
- ½ roast chicken, shredded
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- 2 avocados, halved, roughly chopped
- 150 g green beans, blanched
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch of chives, chopped into 3 cm batons
- 80 g pine nuts, toasted
- 30 ml fresh lime juice
- A large handful of coriander
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 40 ml peanut oil, or vegetable oil
- 3 drops of sesame oil
- 1 heaped tsp of brown sugar
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To make the dressing: place lime juice, coriander, ginger, oils and brown sugar in a small blender. Blend until smooth and fragrant.
2. Arrange the washed baby cos on each plate. In a large bowl, gently toss the chicken, avocado, beans, tomatoes, chives and pinenuts and the dressing.
3.Arrange the chicken mixture on top of the cos leaves with a touch more dressing.