By: From: Drive Thru Australia
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - James Martin
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 6
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Spring is in the Air
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Ben O’Donoghue makes barbecued turkey on skewers with a peanut, coconut, chilli and coriander satay sauce
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- This sauce doesn’t keep too well, as it tends to set when it cools and will separate if reheated. It tastes so great, there probably won’t be any left over anyway.
- 250 g fresh turkey steaks, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemongrass puree
- fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
For the satay sauce (makes 250 ml)
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Combine the purées, fish sauce and turmeric together and mix into a paste. Then rub the turkey thoroughly with the marinade. Allow to stand for 30 minutes then skewer onto bamboo skewers.
2. For the satay sauce: pound the chilli and coriander in a mortar to make a paste. Add the peanut butter and combine. Stir in the remaining ingredients, and then transfer to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer until thick. Season with fish sauce.
BBQ or grill the satay sticks and the cover with the sauce.