On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Restaurant Revelations
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Ben O’Donoghue makes barbecued turkey on skewers with a peanut, coconut, chilli and coriander satay sauce
Method1. Combine the purées, fish sauce and turmeric together and mix into a paste. Then rub the turkey thoroughly with the marinade. Allow to stand for 30 minutes then skewer onto bamboo skewers.
2. For the satay sauce: pound the chilli and coriander in a mortar to make a paste. Add the peanut butter and combine. Stir in the remaining ingredients, and then transfer to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer until thick. Season with fish sauce.
BBQ or grill the satay sticks and the cover with the sauce.
- 250 g fresh turkey steaks, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemongrass puree
- fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
For the satay sauce (makes 250 ml)
- 1 medium red red chilli
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- fish sauce
Tips and suggestions
- This sauce doesn’t keep too well, as it tends to set when it cools and will separate if reheated. It tastes so great, there probably won’t be any left over anyway.