Churros with chocolate sauce
From: Everyday Gourmet
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
These naughty-but-nice Spanish ‘doughnuts’ from Miguel Maestre have a grown-up twist – rum!
For the churros
- 250 ml milk
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 125 g flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 vanilla beans, split and deseeded
- vegetable oil, for frying
For the sauce
- 250 ml condensed milk
- 200 g dark chocolate
- A splash of milk
- A splash of rum
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a pot, bring to boil milk, sugar, butter and vanilla beans.
2. Sift in the flour and mix to a dough consistency. Add egg yolks to dough one at a time.
3. Pour dough into pipping bags with star nozzle. Pipe into vegetable oil at 180 degrees. Fry till golden brown. Set aside on paper towel to dry off excess oil. Dust in castor sugar.
4. Heat the condensed milk and whisk in the chocolate till silky consistency. Add milk and rum to taste slowly. Serve churros with chocolate sauce.