Sweet potato and white chocolate cake
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
- Makes 8 slices
Felice Tocchini’s sweet potato and white chocolate cake replaces butter with the vegetable for a guilt-free sweet treat
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Why not top the cake with a yogurt frosting? Or add some ginger or orange as an extra flavour?
Inspired? Try out more of our favourite vegetable cakes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with silicone paper.
2. Place the oil in a bowl with half the chocolate and place on top of a pan of boiling water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift the flour and add the sugar.
4. Puree the sweet potatoes in a food processor. Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, then add the vanilla, oil and chocolate.
5. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the rest of the white chocolate and pour into the loaf tins.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 50 minutes to one hour or until cooked. To check if the cake is cooked, insert a wooden cocktail stick into it - if it comes out clean, the cake is cooked.
7. Leave to cool, slice and serve.