On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Tomatoes
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Summer Greens
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Classic Bread
The meat and cheese work perfectly together without being too heavy in this sophisticated pizza recipe
Method1. To make the dough: combine the flour, yeast and salt in a mixing machine with a dough hook. Add the olive oil and enough warm water to make a soft but not too sticky dough. Mix on medium speed for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to prove until doubled in volume.
2. Preheat your barbecue to 250C/230 C fan/gas 10, with the cover down. Marinate your butterflied lamb with the chopped garlic, rosemary, lemon and cracked pepper. Place directly over the heat and grill for 10 minutes, then turn over and continue to grill for another 10 minutes. When cooked to your satisfaction remove and rest prior to slicing and placing on top of your cooked pizza.
3. Place the pizza stone directly over the heat source. Knock back the dough by kneading it a few times. Divide the dough into five evenly sized balls. Spread out some baking paper and dust with flour. Roll out the bases on the paper until they’re about the thickness of a fifty pence coin. Don’t worry about the overall shape – I like them to be irregular.
4. Add your topping. Firstly spread or brush the base with garlic oil. Then spread two-three tablespoons of passata on the base. Then scatter with sliced onions, olives and sundried tomatoes. Crumble the pizza with feta and chopped chilli. Add anchovy fillets if you like.
5. Transfer the pizza bases to the pizza stone, leaving them on the baking paper – don’t worry about the paper burning. Close the lid of the barbecue, and cook for 5–8 minutes, until the pizza is crisp.
6. Remove the pizza from the BBQ and top the pizza with carved lamb. Scatter with rocket.
For the base
For the topping
- 1 small leg or shoulder of lamb, boned
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Juice of 1 lemons
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 225 g tomato passata
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp garlic puree, mixed with 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 225 g pipped olive
- anchovies, optional
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 250 g buffalo or Persian feta cheese
- 1 fresh chopped chilli
- Wild rocket