Miso lamb cutlets with sesame green beans
By: From: Perfect...
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 1 hour marinating time
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Nic Watt’s simple Japanese recipe for lamb cutlets marinated in miso and ginger served with lightly blanched beans
For the lamb cutlets
- 1 small shallot
- 1 handful coriander
- 3 tbsp barley miso
- large squeeze ginger juice
- 3 tbsp mirin
- rack of lamb, 7-8 cutlets, fat removed, cutlets separated
For the green beans
- 1 bunch green beans
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the lamb cutlets: rough cut the shallot and put in food processor with the handful of fresh coriander – hold a few stalks back for the beans – and blitz to a paste.
2. Add the barley miso, ginger juice and mirin and blitz again. Pour over lamb cutlets and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. For the green beans: meanwhile, top and tail the green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes in boiling salted water. Remove and plunge them into iced water for a few seconds and drain. In a dry pan, toast the sesame seeds.
4. Heat a griddle pan and cook cutlets for 2 ½ mins per side, then leave to rest. Drain beans and toss with sesame seeds and the remaining coriander stalks.