On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 1 hour marinating time
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Nic Watt’s simple Japanese recipe for lamb cutlets marinated in miso and ginger served with lightly blanched beans
Method1. For the lamb cutlets: rough cut the shallot and put in food processor with the handful of fresh coriander – hold a few stalks back for the beans – and blitz to a paste.
2. Add the barley miso, ginger juice and mirin and blitz again. Pour over lamb cutlets and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. For the green beans: meanwhile, top and tail the green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes in boiling salted water. Remove and plunge them into iced water for a few seconds and drain. In a dry pan, toast the sesame seeds.
4. Heat a griddle pan and cook cutlets for 2 ½ mins per side, then leave to rest. Drain beans and toss with sesame seeds and the remaining coriander stalks.