On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Super easy to make, serve these delicious sweet and salty treats warm for a moister flavour
Method1. Preheat the oven to 170c. Lightly grease and line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. With an electric mixer beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Now add the eggs one at a time and mix in well for another minute. On low speed, mix through the cocoa powder and flour. Add the chopped caramels and walnuts and stir through evenly.
3. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and sprinkle with the salt. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before turning out and cutting into squares. Dust with cocoa if you wish. Best eaten warm.