On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Winter's on the Way - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 3
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Winter's on the Way - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 4
- 22:00 - River Cottage: Winter's on the Way - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 1
- Prep time:
- 35 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Adam Swanson combines fine pasta with homemade citrus mayonnaise for a refreshing twist on this sixties classic
Method1. Fill a large pot with water, add saffron and bring to the boil. Cook pasta as per packet directions. Once cooked, strain and allow to cool. Toss a little olive oil through the pasta to keep it from sticking.
2. Once cool, mix in remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Set aside in fridge.
3. For the mayonnaise: place egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of juice from each lemon, lime and orange in a glass bowl. Using a whisk, start to mix until it begins to thicken.
4. Gradually pour vegetable oil into the bowl. The best method is to get a friend to pour a slow stream down the side of the bowl, whilst you are continually whisking. If you add the oil too fast, the mayonnaise may separate. Remember, the slower the better.
5. When the yolks and oil have combined add salt and pepper to taste and place the mayonnaise into the fridge until you need it.
6. Remove the pasta from the fridge and divide it between six cocktail glasses.
7. Combine the prawns with the mayonnaise and arrange on top of the pasta. Serve.