Polenta scotch eggs
By: From: Perfect...
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- 4 boiled eggs
- 200 g sausages, preferably Tuscan and with skins removed
- 1 egg
- 50 ml milk
- 100 g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp polenta
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Take the minced sausage meat and mould it round the boiled eggs, using clingfilm to roll the eggs and mixture into a ball. Put the scotch eggs into the fridge to firm up.
2. Beat the egg with the milk.
3. Dust the sausage balls in flour then roll in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs and polenta.
4. Deep fry in sunflower oil at 170C for 7 minutes until lightly golden.
Fancy a picnic? Try more our favourite picnic recipes