On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers Come Home - Hairy Bikers Come Home
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Theo Randall creates an Italian take on scotch eggs with Tuscan sausages and polenta
Method1. Take the minced sausage meat and mould it round the boiled eggs, using clingfilm to roll the eggs and mixture into a ball. Put the scotch eggs into the fridge to firm up.
2. Beat the egg with the milk.
3. Dust the sausage balls in flour then roll in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs and polenta.
4. Deep fry in sunflower oil at 170C for 7 minutes until lightly golden.
Fancy a picnic? Try more our favourite picnic recipes