On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein and the Japanese Ambassador - Rick Stein and the Japanese Ambassador
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Puddings
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef Series 7, 15
Impressive to look at, but easy to make, Freedom Food’s fishy dish uses a pastry shortcut
Method1. Pre heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7
2. Unroll the puff pastry and cut out two oblong shapes that are slightly bigger than your chosen pieces of salmon. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and score gently using the tip of a sharp knife. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 6 -8 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Set aside.
3. Put the cream, cream cheese in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat. Add the lemon juice and pesto sauce and beat until smooth.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
5. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan and add the oil. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 6-10 minutes.
6. place the salmon on a plate, pour the sauce over the salmon and top each one with an oblong of cooked pastry. Serve with potatoes and vegetables – we suggest crushed potatoes, asparagus and broad beans and mange tout.