On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie at Home Christmas Special - Jamie At Home Christmas Special
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 2
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Croissants and dark chocolate in a bath of vanilla cream….bliss. Try Rachel Allen’s quick pudding idea once and you’ll never look back!
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Scatter half the chocolate over the base of a 2 litre pie dish. Cut the croissants in half and lay them, cut side down and slightly overlapping, in the dish, then scatter over the remaining chocolate.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, plus a pinch of salt, and pour this mixture over the croissants. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar and allow to stand for 5 minutes before baking in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the custard is just set in the centre. Remove from the oven and serve (if you dare!) with softly whipped cream.
Recipe taken from Rachel Allen's Easy Meals.