On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
A favourite seasonal roasted vegetable is encased in a cheesy pastry crust in this festive canapé recipe from Nikki Crichton
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- pre-roasted carrots make a good alternative to parsnips
For the garnish
- 50 g parmesan
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the oven to 180C. Take one filo sheet and brush lightly with melted butter then fold in half so the buttered sides stick. Repeat to form a strip a quarter of the original size.
2. Butter one side and sprinkle with parmesan so there is a thin, even covering. Take a parsnip, line it up with the narrow edge of the pastry and roll until half way through the strip. Cut away the remaining pastry for the next parsnip. Place on a lightly greased baking tray and repeat until all parsnips are wrapped.
3. Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until crisp and golden on the outside.
4. For the garnish: serve on a platter with a dusting of parmesan snow.