On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - South Wales
- 21:00 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 45 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
David Rocco serves up hand-made egg pasta flecked with plum tomatoes in a simple sauce of olive oil, rosemary and parmesan
Method1. For the strozzapreti: place flour on a worktable. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add tomatoes, egg and a pinch of salt. Combine together and knead until the mixture becomes an even dough. If the mixture becomes too wet, add some more flour, if it becomes too dry, add more tomato juice.
2. Sprinkle the work surface with a little flour. Work with a quarter of dough at a time and roll it flat. Cut into strips 1.5 centimetres wide and then each strip about 5-7 centimetres long.
3. Using your thumb and index finger gently pinch the width of the dough-strip and roll out. Repeat the above process until all the dough is used up. Cover up any excess dough with a cloth to prevent from drying if you are not using it immediately.
3. Place the dough-strips on a lightly floured board and then add to a pot of boiling salted water. Stir to prevent from sticking together and drain when the pasta floats to the surface (2-3 minutes).
4. For the sauce: add olive oil, rosemary and parmigiano cheese to a cold saucepan. Add the cooked strozzapreti to the saucepan with a little of the pasta water and mix well.