Massaman lamb curry
By: From: Matt and Allegra's Big Farm
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 40 min
Matt Dawson cooks up his take of this creamy Thai curry with coconut milk, potatoes and peanuts - a warming dish for a chilly night
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Put the diced lamb, ¾ tin of the tin of coconut milk and water into a large sauce pan with 1 teaspoon salt, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours with the lid on – but leave a small gap to allow steam to escape
2. Peel and chop the potatoes into decent sized cubes, and halve the shallots. Remove the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods from the saucepan and skim the fat off the top of the curry.
3. Add the vegetables, the rest of the coconut milk, fish sauce and the curry paste into the pan with the tamarind paste and palm sugar.
4. Continue to simmer for another 30-40 mins.
5. To serve, stir in some roughly chopped peanuts, and scatter with basil leaves