On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part I
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Beer and Cider
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 40 min
Matt Dawson cooks up his take of this creamy Thai curry with coconut milk, potatoes and peanuts - a warming dish for a chilly night
Method1. Put the diced lamb, ¾ tin of the tin of coconut milk and water into a large sauce pan with 1 teaspoon salt, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours with the lid on – but leave a small gap to allow steam to escape
2. Peel and chop the potatoes into decent sized cubes, and halve the shallots. Remove the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods from the saucepan and skim the fat off the top of the curry.
3. Add the vegetables, the rest of the coconut milk, fish sauce and the curry paste into the pan with the tamarind paste and palm sugar.
4. Continue to simmer for another 30-40 mins.
5. To serve, stir in some roughly chopped peanuts, and scatter with basil leaves