On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Family
- 21:00 - River Cottage Veg Every Day - Summer Pleasures
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus chilling time
Silvena Rowe's easy rendition of Italy's best-known dessert makes a high-octane finish to a casual dinner party
Method1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar and together until pale, thick and creamy. Stir in the mascarpone and mix well.
2. Half-whip the double cream and fold it into the mascarpone mixture.
3. In a large clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form then fold them into the mascarpone mixture.
4. Mix together the coffee and amaretto in a jug. Arrange a layer of the sponge biscuits in individual serving dishes and spoon some of the coffee and amaretto mixture over each.
5. Spoon the mascarpone mixture on top, dividing it equally between the serving dishes, then chill for a couple of hours, or overnight.
6. Just before serving, decorate with the white chocolate shavings.