On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Making It Up Isn't Making Do
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Leftovers
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Try Paul Merrett's tangy goats' cheese fried in tempura batter, drizzled with honey and served with ripe figs
Method1. Slice the cheese and dust with plain flour, shaking off any excess.
2. Mix 4 tablespoons of tempura flour with a little cold fizzy water to form a batter. Add more water or flour as necessary.
3. Dip the dusted slices of cheese in the batter and fry in 2 inches of hot oil until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen roll.
4. Place the drained cheese on serving plates with a slice of ham. Drizzle generously with honey and top with figs, cut into wedges. Sprinkle over the rocket.
5. Serve with crusty bread