Fried goats' cheese with honey and figs
By: From: My Kitchen...
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Try Paul Merrett's tangy goats' cheese fried in tempura batter, drizzled with honey and served with ripe figs
- 1 monte enebro goats' cheese
- plain flour, for dusting
- 4 tbsp tempura flour, or batter mix
- 1 small bottle sparkling water
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2-3 tbsp clear honey
- 4 ripe black figs
- 4 tbsp chopped rocket
- sliced ham
- crusty bread
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Slice the cheese and dust with plain flour, shaking off any excess.
2. Mix 4 tablespoons of tempura flour with a little cold fizzy water to form a batter. Add more water or flour as necessary.
3. Dip the dusted slices of cheese in the batter and fry in 2 inches of hot oil until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen roll.
4. Place the drained cheese on serving plates with a slice of ham. Drizzle generously with honey and top with figs, cut into wedges. Sprinkle over the rocket.
5. Serve with crusty bread