On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Restaurant Revelations
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
James Martin's butternut squash soup is made with amaretti biscuits for depth of flavour
Method1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic and butternut squash. Cook for about 10 -15 mins in a covered pan until softened. Add the white wine and cook, uncovered, until most of it has evaporated.
2. Pour in the stock and cream, season, and simmer for 5 mins. Cool slightly then blend in a liquidiser with the amaretti biscuits.
3. For finishing, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the whole or shredded almonds until golden – stirring all the time. Set aside.
4. Return the soup to the pan, warm through, and sharpen with a squeeze of lemon juice. Ladle the soup into bowls and top each bowl with a few almonds, a teaspoon of yogurt and snipped chives.
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 kg butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 500 ml vegetable or chicken stock, or water
- 150 ml double cream
- 5-6 amaretti biscuits
- squeeze lemon juice