On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Baltimore
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Pennsylvania
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus chilling time
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Delicious duck-topped baguettes from James Martin, complimented with fruity chutney to make a fantastic starter or indulgent lunch
Method1. For the rillettes: in a food processor, process the duck, duck fat and 2 teaspoons of sea salt to a coarse texture. Transfer everything to a bowl or terrine, cover with cling film and chill.
2. For the chutney: warm the sugar in a sturdy pan and cook over a medium heat until it turns a dark, rich caramel.
3. Add the onion, figs, peach and sultanas, and cook for 2-3 minutes until well-coated with caramel. Add the vinegar and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Serve at room temperature with the rilletes and accompany with French bread.