Duck rillettes with fig and peach chutney
By: From: James Martin's Mediterranean
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus chilling time
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Delicious duck-topped baguettes from James Martin, complimented with fruity chutney to make a fantastic starter or indulgent lunch
For the rillettes
- 2 confit duck legs, from jar or tin
- 200 g duck fat, from the tin
- French bread, to serve
For the chutney
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the rillettes: in a food processor, process the duck, duck fat and 2 teaspoons of sea salt to a coarse texture. Transfer everything to a bowl or terrine, cover with cling film and chill.
2. For the chutney: warm the sugar in a sturdy pan and cook over a medium heat until it turns a dark, rich caramel.
3. Add the onion, figs, peach and sultanas, and cook for 2-3 minutes until well-coated with caramel. Add the vinegar and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Serve at room temperature with the rilletes and accompany with French bread.