On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Charlotte Morgan's decadent sponge is sandwiched together with dollops of citrus whipped cream and silky dark chocolate ganache
For the filling and icing
- 500 ml double cream
- 250 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 Flake chocolate bar, crushed
- 2 large oranges, zest only and a little juice
For the cake
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the icing: Pour half of the cream into a saucepan and put the chocolate into a bowl. Heat the cream until simmering, then remove from the heat and pour it over the chocolate straightaway. Stir immediately and continue doing so until smooth. Chill until thick and spreadable (about an hour).
2. Whip the remaining cream with the orange zest and a little orange juice (about 1 tbsp), then refigerate alongside the chocolate icing.
3. For the cake: Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Grease and line two 18cm sandwich tins.
4. Put all the cake ingredients except the melted chocolate in a large bowl or food processor, then beat together until you have a light and smooth mixture. Fold in the melted chocolate.
5. Divide the mixture between the 2 tins, level them out with a knife and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer plunged into the midldle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack, then turn out. When cooled completely, cut each one in half horizontally so that you have 4 layers altogether.
6. Sandwich the layers together with alternative dollops of orange cream and chocolate icing. Finsih with a layer of chocolate icing on top and decorate with a crushed Flake bar.