On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Louisiana
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 4
- 22:00 - The Great British Bake Off: Wedding Cake Special - The Great British Bake Off: Wedding Cake Special
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus setting time
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- Makes 20-30 truffles
Try Matt Tebbutt's irrisistable recipe for dark chocolate truffles for the ideal way to end a meal
Method1. Heat the cream and milk in a saucepan with the bay leaf until hot and infused with the flavour of the bay leaf. Do not let it simmer or boil. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, whisking until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
2. Meanwhile beat together sugar and butter until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolks and beat until well mixed
3. Pour the hot chocolate mix into the egg mix and beat until completely incorporated. Pour this mixture into a greased metal baking tray so that it is about 2cm deep and leave in the fridge to set overnight preferably.
4. Once the chocolate is cooled remove from the fridge and using a melon baller (or a teaspoon) shape small balls of mixture using your hands to smooth them into a perfect ball. Have a large plate covered with cocoa powder ready and roll the balls in the powder.
5. Plate the balls and serve immediately, or you can keep the truffles in the fridge until you are ready to eat them, or they freeze really well.