On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie Does... - Andalucia
- 21:00 - Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food - Food for Friends
- 21:30 - Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food - Outdoor Food
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
A super quick and colourful bean and radish salad created by Angela Hartnett
Method1. For the vinaigrette: Put the garlic in the bowl, add the mustard and a glug of olive oil. Mix well. Add the vinegar and then taste and adjust the amount of oil if necessary. It doesn’t have to emulsify for this recipe.
2. For the salad: Mix together the shallot and radishes in a large salad bowl. Add a glug of vinaigrette and mix. Lightly blanch the green and yellow beans until just tender. Drain the beans and add to the serving bowl with the shallots. Pour over the rest of the vinaigrette (except for the garlic clove) and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature.
For the vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 200-250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
For the salad
- 1 banana shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunches radishes, sliced
- 200 g French beans, topped and tailed
- 200 g yellow beans, topped and tailed
Tips and suggestions
- Never serve salad ingredients straight from the fridge – always return them to room temperature first.
Beware of leaving extra virgin olive oil in a hot place or buying huge quantities because it can go off quite quickly. Buy a small bottle and use up regularly.