On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 2
- 21:00 - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner
- 22:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
An enchilada is to Mexico what lasagne is to Italy. This is home cooking at its best from Thomasina Miers, designed to make you feel good
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat up the Mission sauce with the stock and cinnamon. Season with salt and black pepper, if required.
2. Brown the pine nuts in a frying pan and set aside. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the frying pan and add the raisins. Cook for 2 minutes just until they plump up. Add the drained spinach, toasted pine nuts, nutmeg, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until the spinach appears dry. Remove from the heat and add the ricotta.
3. In a clean frying pan over a medium heat, warm the tortillas one at a time in a little olive oil until they become flexible (about 20 seconds) and then quickly drain them on kitchen paper. Spoon two tablespoons of the spinach mixture into the centre of each tortilla and roll.
4. In an oven proof dish (26cm x 18cm) cover the base with a few spoonfuls of the tomato sauce, place the rolled tortillas on top, seam side down. Pour over the remaining sauce. Place the sour cream on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
Recipe provided by Mission Mexican
- Mission sauce, (Combine tomato sauce and enchilada spice mix from Mission Mexican Fajita Meal Kit)
- 200 ml stock
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 30 g pine nuts
- 50 g raisins
- 475 g cooked spinach, drained
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 6 Mexican corn tortillas
- splash olive oil
- 4-5 tbsp soured cream
- 80 g feta, cheddar or ricotta cheese, crumbled/grated