On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 1
- 20:30 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 2
- 21:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 3
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Rachel Allen’s Kerrygold recipe for shortbread is super easy – cut the biscuits into whatever shape suits the occasion.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C/Gas mark 4. Grease a baking sheet with a little Kerrygold butter. Sift the flour into a large bowl and, using your fingertips, rub in the Kerrygold butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and orange zest and bring the whole mixture together to form a stiff dough. (Don’t be tempted to add any water.) Alternatively, briefly mix the ingredients in a food processor until they come together.
2. Transfer the dough to a lightly dusted worktop and roll out to about 5mm (1/4inch) thick. Cut into rounds, fingers, squares or dinosaurs, then lift carefully on to the prepared baking sheet with a palette knife, spacing the biscuits evenly apart.
3. Bake for 6–10 minutes or until pale golden, then remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or so before transferring to a wire rack to cool down completely.
4. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. When the chocolate has melted, dip the shortbread in about half way in to the chocolate, then allow any excess to drip off and place on a plate to cool and set.
For more information on the Kerrygold recipes please visit Facebook.com/KerrygoldUK
- 100 g Kerrygold butter, softened and diced, plus extra for greasing
- 150 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 50 g caster sugar
- Grated orange zest, from one orange
- 75 g dark chocolate, broken in to pieces
Tips and suggestions
- Rachel’s Tip: If you want to mix things up with your biscuits you could always try using milk chocolate or white chocolate.