Pork loin with stilton and port and honey glaze
By: From: Donna Hay: Fast, Fresh, Simple
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - James Martin
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 6
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Spring is in the Air
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 15 min
Wow your dinner guests with this dish by Donna Hay. With its medieval-style ingredients, it’s fit for a king
For the pork loin
- 1 kg rack of pork loin
- sprinkling of salt
- 12 sprigs of oregano
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 150 g stilton cheese, thickly sliced
For the port and honey glaze
- 250 ml port
- 60 ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp honey
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Score the skin of the pork at 1cm intervals using a sharp knife. Rub the skin with salt and place in a baking dish on top of the oregano. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Add the sweet potato to the pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until pork is cooked to your liking.
3. While the pork is roasting, make the port and honey glaze. Place the port, stock and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow mixture to simmer for 12–15 minutes or until glaze is reduced and syrupy.
4. To serve, slice the pork and place on serving plates with the sweet potato. Top the pork with the stilton and spoon over the port and honey glaze.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website