On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Seafood
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Healthy and warming, this Donna Hay recipe is perfect for drizzly days
Method1. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the passata, stock, carrot, courgette and parsnip. Cover and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer rapidly for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with salt, pepper and the grated parmesan.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon thyme leaves
- 500 ml passata
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 courgette, peeled and grated
- 1 parsnip, peeled and grated
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
Tips and suggestions
- If you can’t find passata, any sieved and uncooked tomato sauce (but not concentrated tomato purée) can be substituted.