Easy vegetable soup
By: From: Donna Hay: Fast, Fresh, Simple
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Healthy and warming, this Donna Hay recipe is perfect for drizzly days
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- If you can’t find passata, any sieved and uncooked tomato sauce (but not concentrated tomato purée) can be substituted.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the passata, stock, carrot, courgette and parsnip. Cover and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer rapidly for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. To serve, ladle into bowls and top with salt, pepper and the grated parmesan.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website