Classic fish burgers
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus 1 hour chilling
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Serve these crispy fish burgers from Dermot O’Leary's restaurant with ciabatta rolls for a tasty lunch.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Dice the fish into 5 cm cubes, place in a food processor and process to a rough puree. Transfer the puree to a large mixing bowl. Put the shallot, cornichons, capers, parsley and seasoning in the food processor and puree until evenly blended. Tip out and mix with the fish puree.
2. With floured hands, shape the mixture into 6 burgers. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the fish burgers, two at a time. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Take care not to overheat the pan or the fish burgers will burn.
4. Once cooked through and crispy set aside and cook the remaining burgers. Serve in a ciabatta roll with a slice of tomato, a lettuce leaf and some mayonnaise.
Download your free Fishy Fishy Cookbook App for a taste of what you can find in the Cookbook.