Speedy roast chicken and chips
By: From: Donna Hay: Fast, Fresh, Simple
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Love your roasts, but wish they didn’t take so long? Try Donna Hay’s express alternative
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat oven to 200C/180 fan/gas 6.
2. Turn the chicken breast-side down, then using kitchen scissors, cut down either side of the backbone of the chicken, cutting through the ribs. Remove the backbone. Flatten the chicken and place in a baking dish skin-side up.
3. Combine the paprika, thyme, salt, pepper and oil. Brush some of the mixture over the chicken. Place the potatoes in a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Toss with the remaining paprika mixture. Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes then add the chicken to the tray and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the chips are crisp. Serve with the lemon wedges.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website