On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians: Still Hungry - The Alps and Arrangiarsi
- 21:00 - Two Fat Ladies - Cakes
- 21:30 - Two Fat Ladies - Food in the Wild
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Love your roasts, but wish they didn’t take so long? Try Donna Hay’s express alternative
Method1. Preheat oven to 200C/180 fan/gas 6.
2. Turn the chicken breast-side down, then using kitchen scissors, cut down either side of the backbone of the chicken, cutting through the ribs. Remove the backbone. Flatten the chicken and place in a baking dish skin-side up.
3. Combine the paprika, thyme, salt, pepper and oil. Brush some of the mixture over the chicken. Place the potatoes in a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Toss with the remaining paprika mixture. Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes then add the chicken to the tray and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the chips are crisp. Serve with the lemon wedges.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website