Slow-cooked balsamic and garlic lamb
By: From: Donna Hay: Fast, Fresh, Simple
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 hrs 30 min
Sticky and autumnal, this Donna Hay recipe is perfect for a weekend supper
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat oven to 140C/120 fan/gas 1.
2. Place the lamb, vinegar, stock, rosemary, garlic and sugar in a deep baking or casserole dish and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake for 3 hours. Turn the lamb and bake for a further 2 hours. Remove the lid, increase temperature to 180C/160 fan/gas 4 and bake for 30 minutes or until the lamb has browned.
3. Remove lamb from the pan and keep warm. Pour the pan juices over a large bowl of ice and quickly remove the ice and the solidified fat with a slotted spoon. Place the pan juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Serve the lamb with crispy roasted potatoes, steamed greens and the pan juices.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website