On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Louisiana
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Brooklyn
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Harlem and Connecticut
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 hrs 30 min
Sticky and autumnal, this Donna Hay recipe is perfect for a weekend supper
Method1. Preheat oven to 140C/120 fan/gas 1.
2. Place the lamb, vinegar, stock, rosemary, garlic and sugar in a deep baking or casserole dish and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake for 3 hours. Turn the lamb and bake for a further 2 hours. Remove the lid, increase temperature to 180C/160 fan/gas 4 and bake for 30 minutes or until the lamb has browned.
3. Remove lamb from the pan and keep warm. Pour the pan juices over a large bowl of ice and quickly remove the ice and the solidified fat with a slotted spoon. Place the pan juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
4. Serve the lamb with crispy roasted potatoes, steamed greens and the pan juices.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website