Steak and three veg
By: From: Donna Hay: Fast, Fresh, Simple
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Donna Hay reinvents a meat ‘n three veg main with thyme-roasted root vegetables, a perfectly cooked fillet steak and a sprinkle of parmesan
- 1 x 300 g beef eye fillet steak
- alioli, to serve
For the three veg
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the three veg: preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the potato, sweet potato and parsnip in separate bowls. Divide the butter, parmesan, thyme, a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper among the bowls and toss to combine.
2. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Pile each vegetable into 2 flat piles. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and crisp. While the vegetables are cooking, cook the beef.
3. For the beef: sprinkle the meat generously with salt and cracked black pepper. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Cook the beef for 3 minutes each side or until well browned. Place on a baking tray and bake for 4 minutes for rare and 7–8 minutes for medium. To serve, slice the beef in half and place on serving plates with the three veg. Serve with aïoli.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website