On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 20:30 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 21:00 - Food and Drink - Jun Tanaka - Street Food
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Pippa Kendrick coats tender prawns in a sweet chilli sauce then adds sharp crunch with pak choi for yet another of her wheat, dairy and yeast-free mains
Method1. For the sauce: place the agave syrup, muscovado sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved into the water to form a syrup.
2. Throw in the chopped chilli (seeds and all) and continue to cook over a medium heat for around 5 minutes until you have a deep burnished gold sauce speckled with the chilli.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil and fresh coriander, taste and add a little extra lime if you think it necessary.
4. For the stir-fry: peel the carrot and cut into thin rounds approximately 2 mm in thickness. Trim the ends from the pak choi and slice into halves or quarters lengthways, depending on their size.
5. Pour the groundnut oil into a large wok or frying pan and heat until very hot. Add the sliced carrot to the pan and stir fry over a high heat for a minute or so, until the carrot begins to soften slightly.
6. Throw the prawns into the pan and continue to stir fry (moving them around continuously) for 30 seconds before adding in the pak choi. Stir fry for a remaining minute, just long enough for the prawns to cook and the pak choi to wilt slightly.
7. Add the sweet chilli sauce to the pan and stir fry for another 30 seconds before taking off the heat. Scatter over chopped cashews and serve alongside rice and lime wedges.
For the sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1-2 Thai bird's eye chillies, finely diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- A small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
For the stir-fry
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 175 g large raw king prawns, peeled, deveined and rinsed (you can buy them prepared in this way from both supermarket and fishmongers)
- 2 small pak choi
- Roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- White basmati rice
- lime wedges