On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- 22:00 - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas - Rick Stein's Cornish Christmas
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
- 12 muffins
Pippa Kendrick’s sweetly spiced muffins are light, moist and great for a breakfast with a rice milk latte on the side. Plus they’re wheat, dairy and yeast-free
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Make up the flax mixture by stirring together the ground flax seed and water until you have a liquid paste. Leave to stand for a few minutes – in that time the flax will have absorbed all of the water and formed a thick paste. It is now ready to use.
2. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the brown sugar, broken pecan nuts and mixed spice. In a separate bowl whisk together the flax mixture, oil and rice milk. Fold the liquid mixture into the flour (it will still look a little dry and lumpy, so don’t worry) and then beat in the grated courgettes until combined.
3. Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases, just reaching the top of the case and levelling the top with the back of a spoon.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until risen slightly and springy to a gentle touch. Remove from the oven and transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool down before serving.