Apple and blackberry crumble
By: From: Perfect...
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Crumbles don't get much more comforting than this one from Bill Granger - the fruitiness of it livened up with vanilla and lemon zest
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- This crumble is really quick as you don’t cook the fruit beforehand. It all cooks together in the oven.
You could use any seasonal fruit.
Make sure the butter is cold when you are making the crumble topping or it will not form properly and result in a heavy crumble.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Place the apples, blackberries, caster sugar, vanilla seeds, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of the flour in a bowl and toss well to combine. Put the brown sugar, baking powder, oats and the remaining flour in a bowl and mix well. Drop in the butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. If there are a few big lumps it really doesn’t matter.
2. Divide the blackberry mixture between 2 ovenproof dishes or bowls and top with the crumble mix. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.