Toffee apple jam
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 30 min
- makes 2 x 260g jars
With alternating layers of homemade toffee sauce and lemony apple compote, this really is the most luxurious way to celebrate National Jam Week
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- You can find out more about National Jam Week here.
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp double cream
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the toffee sauce: melt the sugar, syrup and butter in a small pan and bring slowly to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes or so until thick. Stir in the cream and remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
2. For the jam: place the apples, water and lemon juice in a separate pan and cook down until soft and fluffy – this will take about 15-20minutes. Once the apples have become soft, add the sugar over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved, then crank up the heat and bring to a simmering boil for approximately 4-5 minutes. The apple jam should be lovely and thick.
3. Add a layer of toffee sauce to the bottom of the jar and then a layer of apple jam and continue layering until you reach the top of the jar.