On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Apples
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Winter Vegetables
- 21:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Easy Entertaining
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 30 min
- makes 2 x 260g jars
Toffee apple jam is made with layers of homemade toffee sauce and lemony apple compote
Method1. For the toffee sauce: melt the sugar, syrup and butter in a small pan and bring slowly to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes or so until thick. Stir in the cream and remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
2. For the jam: place the apples, water and lemon juice in a separate pan and cook down until soft and fluffy – this will take about 15-20 minutes. Once the apples have become soft, add the sugar over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved, then crank up the heat and bring to a simmering boil for approximately 4-5 minutes. The apple jam should be lovely and thick.
3. Add a layer of toffee sauce to the bottom of the jar and then a layer of apple jam and continue layering until you reach the top of the jar.
Looking for jam recipes? Take a look at our top 10 jam recipes
For the toffee sauce
- 100 g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp double cream
For the apple jam